Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thebestrc

thebestrc

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:12 PM

I only noticed this problem a couple of days ago. Before that the monitor was working perfectly fine and there were no jerky movements onscreen. However ever since my brother installed a program called Maplestory on the pc the screen has started shaking.I've tried unstalling the probelm application but to no avail.

I also tried to deguassing the monitor using the menu options on the monitor but that doesn't seem to work either. I also tried to see if there are any loose connections between the monitor and the pc but everything checks out ok. I also tried moving the speakers away from the monitor as spome other sites suggested but the monitor wasn't shaking before and the speakers were in exactly the same place.

Is there anyway to fix this problem or do i need a new monitor??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:16 PM

Try lowering the refresh rate and the color.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 thebestrc

thebestrc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:18 PM

tried this already and it didn't work. I think it might be an EMI.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:21 PM

I know my Nextel cell phone plays heck with my monitor. I cannot have it within three feet of my desk.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users