Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Plz..

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 taenamo

taenamo

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:37 AM

what should i do??? when my screen turn scrumble i slightly move the plug of the monitor and it goes to normal...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:04 AM

I'm not really getting what your trying to say. By Dota, do you mean the custom game in Warcraft 3?

If your screen goes fuzzy, and if you move the cord around it fixes it, it might be a problem with the cord.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:30 AM

yeah... my screen became fuzzy...is it in my cord not in my video card?

#4 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:19 PM

If you mess with the cable and it fixes the problem, it's most likely the cable. . .Try a replacement one if you can find one.

Posted Image

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:16 PM

When you move the plug, is it at the monitor end or the computer? Tighten the connections first. If it's on the computer end you might want to open the machine and reseat the video card, if you have one, and make sure it's secure
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:39 AM

its in computer end.i loosen the screw `coz when its tighten its always go fuzzy and in 10secs it hangs. im to scared to reseat the card. maybe short circuit it if i touch it.....

#7 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:01 AM

Just ground yourself to some near-by metal (like a filing cabinet) before touching anything.

Pull the power plug out of your Power Supply.

If there is a screw holding the expansion plate on, remove it first.

Then, when you handle the gfx card, remember to just touch the green plastic parts. It should be fine. Wiggle it around slightly to see if it is loose within the Motherboard slot. Either pull it all the way out and re-seat it, or gently/firmly push the card into the slot.

Put the screw back into the expansion plate and power it up.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

bg04
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#8 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:01 AM

is it ok to touch it but barefeet no shuz and my floor is tiles?

#9 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:30 AM

It should be fine. Just ground yourself before touching any of the components; ie take a screwdriver and touch it to any metal surface around you while holding onto the metal shaft. This will discharge the static electricity on your body and you should be ok to handle your computer.

Let us know how it works. :thumbsup:

Edited by blueandgold04, 23 April 2007 - 10:31 AM.

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#10 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:16 AM

what do you mean ground yourself?? do i have to touch any metal??

#11 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:36 AM

You know how you drag you feet across a carpeted floor and then touch someone and give them a little shock?. that is what blueandgold03 is refering to. As long as the computer is unplugged from the wall your safe. The reason to discharge static electricity is to protect the sensitive components inside your computer.
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#12 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:03 AM

i cant loose it on the motherboard?? what the use of the white slot???

#13 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:08 PM

By "loose it" I assume you mean "release the static electricity onto the motherboard". Releasing static electricity while holding a computer component will RUIN your computer, as that little shock can burn holes in the microchips, and other damage can also occur.

As I do not know the exact anatomy of your motherboard, I cannot answer the second question, unless you be more descripitve.

Edited by madman6510, 24 April 2007 - 10:10 PM.

#14 taenamo

taenamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:40 AM

no,i mean... i cant loose the video card to the motherboard,i already un-screw the xpansion slot but still i cant pull off the video card

#15 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:04 PM

hmmm, sometimes mine gets stuck. You do have to use quite a bit of force. You shouldn't have to use full strength to rip it out though.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users