Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help LOP virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ken2k7

ken2k7

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:22 AM

Hi, im new to this site. To all the ppl that help, so Thank you in Advance

Ok, Im having this virus which i have no idea waht the name is. It adds various links to my favourites menu and puts 2 tool bars on my computer. One the is right above the start menu bar and another on my Internet exploer browser.

The links are named "Cool Stuff, Travel, Shopping Gifts, Internet and a few more"

Please help. I allready tried scanning with Adware, Spybot, Spy Sweaper, and Cwshreder

Oh by the way, In the Taskmanager the program that runs these toolbars and links is called " iexplore.exe "

ive looked up sooo many sites on Google but still no help.

Please Help!!

BY the WAY - I HAVE the TOOLBAR uninstall and New uninstall and all those programs to kill the LOP virus. BUt it Keeps coming back! Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nirvana

Nirvana

In Utero

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:37 AM

Hi ken2k7,

Please download HijackThis.

Launch HijackThis, then press Scan, and press Save Log.

This will generate a text file that will list all running processes,
all applications that are loaded automatically when you start Windows,
and more.

Open that file.
Go to Edit | Select all
Now click Edit | copy to copy it.

Do not change anything just yet.
Come back to the forum, Right Click and paste its contents back to this thread.
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." <span style='color:red'>Pablo Picasso</span>

#3 Nirvana

Nirvana

In Utero

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:14 AM

Hi syn, normally we'd ask you to start your own thread for your problem but since this one has been deserted we'll go ahead and fix you up:

Uninstall Messenger Plus via Add/Remove in your control panel.
Look for: C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus!\MsgPlus.exe"
Delete the entire MessengerPlus folder.
Reinstall MessengerPlus AFTER WE CLEAN UP if you want to use it, only this time make sure you uncheck the sponsor box.

Post back with a fresh HijackThis log after a reboot.
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." <span style='color:red'>Pablo Picasso</span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users