Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad-aware Config For Multiple User Accounts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pbmac

pbmac

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:24 PM

Hi, I tried this over at Lavasoft with no luck yet ( two days ):

I'm using XP Home SP2 and have an Admin and a Limited User account on my machine. It appears I have to run my scans on both, is this correct and can it be setup to run globally(scanning both acounts at once)? The scan in the Limited User account has many less Process Modules and Running Processes, but seems to scan the same number of objects as the Admin account. Also, the same thing for updates, I have to download updates in the Admin, then logoff that, log onto the Limited User account, and update that one.
Also, is there way/place to check that my Ad-Aware is configured the best way, regarding scans and how it handles things that it finds?
Thanks for your time,
pbmac

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users