Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Usb Headset?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wiseacre

wiseacre

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:40 PM

It always takes me forever to catch up to technology. I used to be quite the audiophile but that was back in the days before USB so I'm a bit out of date. There seems to be tons of choices in a USB headset. I'm looking for something with good sound quality (I don't care about brand name) that's in the $30-$45 range. So far I've found this: http://www.hearotto.com/Products_OT6.aspx which looks like exactly what I'm seeking, only I haven't heard of the company so I'm wary. Anyone used anything by OTTO?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:44 AM

This looks fine, but it is not Vista compatible ( according to the website)

#3 wiseacre

wiseacre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:07 PM

That's ok, I got XP. Good thing to keep in mind though. Like I said... it takes me forever to catch up to technology. :thumbsup: A friend of mine got a set from the same company, but he got one of their commercial products for the racing industry, and he said that they could take quite a beating and kept sounding excellent. That's sort of my style, I guess - as long as they sound good, and I guess there's only one way to tell.

#4 wiseacre

wiseacre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:38 PM

I didn't end up getting anything yet, but said friend gave me this code from OTTO that works on two of their products (the bluetooth car kit or theintegrated headset/mp3 player). The code is 'FREESHIP' and it gets 10% off and free shipping. I wish it worked on the usb set :thumbsup:. I think I'll order it anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users