Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Change My E Mail Default?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ebrid001

ebrid001

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:41 PM

I'm using XP service pack 2,with the newest Mozilla Firefox browser.

I use Yahoo e mail.

When I went into "internet options",I got a drop down menu with only three options for my e mail,and none of them was Yahoo.

Is there a way I can change it so that Yahoo is my mail choice?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 twardnw

twardnw

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:26 PM

For their free accounts, yahoo will only allow you to use their webmail. This means you have to see their advertising, and thus make money for them. If you were to upgrade to a paid account, you could use the methods in the following article to set up an email client on your computer to connect to Yahoo mail.

http://email.about.com/cs/yahoomailtips/qt/et032501.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users