Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Does The "nortons Restricted To Only 3 Computers Work?"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 phoenix_124

phoenix_124

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:50 PM

Hi,
I have a Windows Vista (upgraded) with Nortons Internet Security 2007 installed. I believe to speed up proformance I should do a clean install. However, I noticed that my Nortons Product can only be restricted to only 3 computers. My question is, will it know that it is still being reinstalled on the same computer but I just did a clean install? That's what I don't get.
If I clean install, and then install nortons, will the product reconize that it is still on the same computer or will I have to use another product key (used up all 3 for my computers) :thumbsup:
Ginuine Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
AMD 64 X2 1GB RAM 2.00GHz

Please note that I will try my best to assist you in this regard...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:31 PM

Does each computer have it's own specific key? If so, use the one for that computer
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 phoenix_124

phoenix_124
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:50 PM

Yes, all of my computers have a different, and ginuine key from Microsoft. But I was just wondering if my Nortons will work since it was installed on my computer (suscribed) and I would like to do a clean install on my computer. Will my nortons still count that as one computer or will I have to get a new licence.(already used all 3 for first licence)

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:34 PM

I was refering to Norton's CD key but now I realize this came preinstalled. I panned through Norton's ULA and nothing jumped out at me. I don't think you'd have any problems. Worse comes to worse, ditch it altogether and get AVG Free or Avast. They're better anyways, but that's my opinion
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 phoenix_124

phoenix_124
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:10 PM

I'm sorry,
I believe I've mislead you. I have bought the Nortons Product online and all three of my computers are sharing the same Symantec Key. But now I want to reinstall my Vista but is wondering if Nortons will still know that it is being installed on the same computer?

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:46 PM

You didn't mislead, I just didn't understand. People reformat and reload all the time. I'd try redownloading it and use the original key and see what happens. The worse that could happen is it just won't download. If that happens use one of the other 2 programs I mentioned
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users