Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smitfraud Fix Broken To New Variants?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shawn07

Shawn07

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:47 PM

Maybe this thread needs to be put somewhere else but i need info.
I currently work for a online pc repair service

alot of Spyvariant infections i have seen lately (spydawn, spylock, ect)

On the last two machines i have tried to use smitfraudfix.exe to fix i get this error

Killing process...
hosts...
Generic Renos Fix...
Deleting infected files...
C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\Desktop\unquote.vbs(1, 1) Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Object required: 'objFichier'
The system cannot find the file tmp2.txt.

Anyone seen this error before?

The last two systems that i run smitfraudfix on and got this error the systems BSOD and have to have a reload

Repair install will not work nor fixing with recovery console.

Also i dunno if this has anything to do with it, but all the normal download links for smitfraud are down..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Shawn07

Shawn07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:49 PM

Also i need a link to get infected with a spy variant, cannot get myself infected to test =(

#3 Shawn07

Shawn07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:57 PM

Anyone know a site to get infected?

#4 topcreator

topcreator

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:43 AM

search for free screensavers on google, that should get your computer infected :thumbsup:

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:52 AM

In here you asked the same question and acklan our bleepin cat asked you the question why? Could you elaborate on that subject ?

#6 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

Shawn07, did you see this? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/89339/problems-starting-your-computer-after-running-older-version-of-smitfraudfix/

You need to delete the version of SmitfruadFix you were using and download the latest version that doesn't have the bug before using it any more. This is the best practice anyway, since the tool is constantly updated, sometimes daily.

As far as where you can get infected, we can't just link you to a site in the public forums. If you have a VM or other test platform where you want to figure out the infection, that's fine, but you'll have to figure out which site to go to on your own, as all I can tell you is read this to see how the infection generally occurs: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=7344

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users