Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

X1950 Pro Or 8600gt?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:36 PM

I told my friend all the parts to make his own computer. It was successful, but he wants a graphics card now. I told him the 8600Gt coming out soon would be good for around 150$. He found an ATI x1950 pro though for around the same price. would this be better? This is the link to the card graphics . Thanks for reading this!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:51 PM

Right now I prefer the ATI series, because of the cost, however these cards should drop in price when the next batch of Nvidia cards are released. One comment, I prefer to stick with the actual ATI Branded cards, not companies like EVGA or Sapphire.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 Detox

Detox

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:27 PM

Right now I prefer the ATI series, because of the cost, however these cards should drop in price when the next batch of Nvidia cards are released. One comment, I prefer to stick with the actual ATI Branded cards, not companies like EVGA or Sapphire.

EVGA makes Nvidia card, it's also the best company for Nvidia cards.

So far, many of the benchmarks have shown the 8600GT to be a bit underwhelming. That being said, the 8600GT is just as good as the X1950pro if not better. And it's also DX10 compatible.

So I'd say just go with the 8600GT

Edited by Detox, 17 April 2007 - 09:28 PM.

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:57 AM

Sorry, I was thinking about another brand. How I could have made that mistake-- I have CRS some days.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:51 AM

Much of the time the 8600GT couldn't touch the X1950Pro. In a few cases it was barely faster then the 7600GT. Its saving grace is that if performed better on newer games and was fast enough on most old games. Of course the DX10 support and kick-ass video processor also helps.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users