Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Messages Etc...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rheanun

Rheanun

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

Hello,
All of the sudden I am getting alot of different errors from the blue screen to the illegal operation. Also when I go on my IE, I usually use firefox but sometimes I use the IE...When I do a search for a website and I click to be taken to the website I want it takes me to a completely different website. Here is my hijack this log and I do not have my antivirus working all the time but I do use avast. Thank you in advance...

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:03:40 PM, on 4/17/07
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AOL\TOPSPEED\2.0\AOLTSMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AOL\ACS\AOLACSD.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AOL\TOPSPEED\2.0\AOLTPSPD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
G:\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS-1.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2E9D4C81-9F27-4c14-B804-7B0F6BC88A4F} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [AolAcsDaemon1] C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AOL\ACS\AOLACSD.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\JAVA\JRE1.5.0_11\BIN\SSV.DLL
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\JAVA\JRE1.5.0_11\BIN\SSV.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: Instant Buzz - {066040F0-5018-4E15-8AA0-81D36136D989} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCVW.DLL
O16 - DPF: {A8683C98-5341-421B-B23C-8514C05354F1} (FujifilmUploader Class) - http://photo.walmart.com/photo/uploads/Fuj...ploadClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://www.yorkphoto.com/YorkActivia.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/...nst_current.cab

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Members
  • 15,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:22 PM

Hello Rheanun

I do not have my antivirus working all the time but I do use avast.

Before we start, you need to realize that you are missing one important program on that computer: An antivirus. :thumbsup:

This is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world.

You need to install an antivirus program as soon as you can and run a complete scan of the computer.

I recommend you download one of the following the free antivirus programs:

Avast or
AntiVir or
AVG antivirus

Never install more than one antivirus scanner or firewall on your system! Several together can give you problems and decrease the reliability of it seriously!

* Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe
  • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
  • Once the short scan has finished, mark the drives that you want to scan.
  • Select all drives. A red dot shows which drives have been chosen.
  • Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
  • Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, look if you can click next icon next to the files found: Posted Image
  • If so, click it and then click the next icon right below and select Move incurable as you'll see in next image:
    Posted Image
    This will move it to the %userprofile%\DoctorWeb\quarantaine-folder if it can't be cured. (this in case if we need samples)
  • After selecting, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
  • Reboot your computer!! Because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web you saved previously, along with a new HijackThis log in your next reply.

If I've saved you time & money,
please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 Rheanun

Rheanun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:59 PM

Thank you, here are those logs......

NDNuninstall6_98.exe;C:\WINDOWS;Adware.NewDotNet;Incurable.Moved.;
NDNuninstall7_48.exe;C:\WINDOWS;Adware.NewDotNet;Incurable.Moved.;
awtusqr.dll;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
tuvtr.dll;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
awtuvvt.dll;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
jkkii.dll;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
RegUBP2b-rach.reg;C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Snapshots;Trojan.StartPage.1505;Deleted.;
lo1[1];C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ODIZG9QB;Trojan.Virtumod;Deleted.;
AOL Downloads.lnk;C:\My Documents\AOL Downloads;Trojan.MulDrop.2972;Deleted.;
setup.exe;C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\Backup\ACS\Current\Suite;Probably BACKDOOR.Trojan;Incurable.Moved.;
GTDownAO_106.ocx;C:\Program Files\Common Files\AolCoach\en_en;Adware.Gdown;Incurable.Moved.;
slghex.dll;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sandlot Shared;Adware.SpywareStorm;Incurable.Moved.;
npclntax.dll;C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins;Adware.Zango;Incurable.Moved.;
backup-20060429-211925-914.dll;G:\hijackThis\backups;Adware.Coupons;Incurable.Moved.;
============================================================
Scan saved at 9:56:36 PM, on 4/27/07

Running processes:

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {2E9D4C81-9F27-4c14-B804-7B0F6BC88A4F} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [AolAcsDaemon1] C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AOL\ACS\AOLACSD.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\JAVA\JRE1.5.0_11\BIN\SSV.DLL
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\JAVA\JRE1.5.0_11\BIN\SSV.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: Instant Buzz - {066040F0-5018-4E15-8AA0-81D36136D989} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCVW.DLL
O16 - DPF: {A8683C98-5341-421B-B23C-8514C05354F1} (FujifilmUploader Class) - http://photo.walmart.com/photo/uploads/Fuj...ploadClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://www.yorkphoto.com/YorkActivia.cab

#4 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Members
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:04 AM

I dont see an antivirus program installed. :thumbsup:

See my previous post for you choice of 4 free antivirus programs. Only install and run one of them.

When you have run a complete virus scan, then post a fresh Hijackthis log.

Edited by SifuMike, 28 April 2007 - 12:07 AM.

please make a donation so I can keep helping people just like you! You can donate using a credit card and PayPal. Thank you!

Posted Image

Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 Rheanun

Rheanun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:33 PM

I do have an antivirus installed. I use avast but I do not have it running all the time. I will run it again and then post the log though

#6 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Members
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:55 PM

I do have an antivirus installed.

Your hijackthis log shows no antivirus on your computer. :flowers:

I use avast but I do not have it running all the time.

That is a big mistake. If you do not have an active antivirus running you can be infected in seconds. :thumbsup: That is the reason you are having malware problems now - no antivirus.

Several days ago I had to recommend a reformat and reinstall to a person that decided he did not need to run an antivirus. Not running an antivirus is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world.

Edited by SifuMike, 28 April 2007 - 08:58 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Rheanun

Rheanun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:15 PM

Sorry it's been so long but here is the log for you...

Scan saved at 8:12:14 PM, on 5/4/07

Running processes:
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHSERV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHWEBSV.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast! Web Scanner] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\AVAST4\ASHWEBSV.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [avast!] C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe

#8 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Members
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:19 AM

Hi Rheanun,

Your log looks clean, but you should run another scanner to make sure we got it all.
I have a feeling there is still some malware lurking.

Please download A-Squared Free, save it to the desktop.
  • Double-click on a2FreeSetup.exe, follow the installer's instructions.
  • At the end of the install process, make sure Launch a-squared Free is checked, then click Finish.
  • When it launches, it will ask you if you would like to update, click Yes, it will take a few moments to update.
  • When done with the update, if it asks you to restart the application, click Yes.
  • At the main menu, click Scan Now, there will be 4 options, choose Deep Scan.
  • At the end of the scan, click Save Report. Save the report to somewhere convenient, such as your desktop.
  • If malware is found, select all found and click Quarantine selected objects.
Post the a-squared log

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

Updating Java:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u1.
  • Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u1".
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language jre-6-windows-i586.exe and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
    Examples of older versions in Add or Remove Programs:
    Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2
    J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0
    J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u1-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.

Let's look in a different place for signs.

Open HijackThis
Go to 'config'
Go to 'misc tools'
Press the button 'open uninstall manager'
Press 'save list'
A notepad file will open.
Post the content here in your reply.
Close HijackThis.

Post the a-squared log, the uninstaller listing, a fresh Hijackthis log and tell me how your computer is running.

Edited by SifuMike, 05 May 2007 - 12:24 AM.

Posted Image

#9 SifuMike

SifuMike

malware expert

• Members
  • 15,385 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:54 PM

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a member of the HJT Team and we will reopen it for you. Include the address of this thread in your request. If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users