Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Major Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 retrocircles

retrocircles

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:49 AM

i think i may have a virus, or something worse.

three .exe files appeared on my desktop after a (what i believed to be) a safe download, called d1.exe, d2.exe and d5.exe. i deleted these files and emptied the recycle bin.

a pop-up system message then popped up saying spoolsvv.exe has encountered an error and has had to close. i tried searching for this file (to delete it) and my search facility is blocked. i tried to run my anti-virus software, and spyware software, and as soon as either starts scanning a message pops up saying that the pc will close in 60 seconds.

though sometimes the pc just crashes & switches off.

i've attempted to system restore, but as soon as the system restore begins, the computer crashes & switches off immediately.

i've tried to install autoruns (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/Autoruns.mspx) in hope to counter the problem, but a pop-up arrives saying my current security settings do not allow this type of file to be downloaded.

i'm really stuck as to what to do next! i desperately need a working pc (student in final 4 weeks of uni!) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

kindest regards.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:51 AM

Can you boot into safe mode? If so, try running you scans from there.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 retrocircles

retrocircles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:10 AM

Can you boot into safe mode? If so, try running you scans from there.

have booted in safe mode. still unable to system restore & search for files. when i run any antivirus/spyware software it still turns off in 60 seconds.

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users