Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linksys Wrt54g V8 Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Housemaster

Housemaster

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:30 PM

Ok, my Linksys WRT54G V8 router is being odd. I can connect to the internet with the cable-bound internet, but when i try to switch to the internet, it disappears. When I press the little "SecureEasy Setup" button thing, I can connect until the thing stops blinking. Then the wireless dies. Supposedly, the SecureEasy Setup crap is supposed to prompt me for something, but it doesn't. Could that be an issue with my computer, or is it an issue with the router? I need some help with this, I've been trying to fix it for about 2 hours. Any help is good, hope to hear from someone soon!

EDIT: It somehow resolved itself. I don't really know HOW, it just... started working for no real reason.

Edited by Housemaster, 17 April 2007 - 09:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:42 AM

Thanks for letting us know it was cleared up.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 phil7

phil7

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:08 AM

Good morning HM

Glad you figured it out! I am thinking of purchasing that router (WRT54G3G). I am told that it only supports certain air cards from SPRINT. I just got an air card from CINGULAR as I have their wireless cell phone service and so it was cheaper. I was also told through other sources that this router does support other cards from other wireless companies. Do you have SPRINT or another Wireless company?
Also, how is your card working now. Do your sites or pages load quickly? I am finding some problems loading pages from a site I'm already in. I have a month to decide if this card is worth it. My other alternative is to go back to DIAL-UP :trumpet: :thumbsup: :inlove: :flowers:
Thanks
Iíve learned two things in life: One, there is a God; Two, Iím not Him!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users