Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Time Off 1 Hour

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:03 PM

The network runs a server with windows 2003 server and the clients have xp pro. The server has the correct time, but the clients are slow by 1 hour. I have tried reseting the time and checking and unchecking the daylight savings box, but it keeps reseting the wrong time, and when you reset it with daylight savings checked the appointments in outlook get bumped up an hour.
All the computers, servers and clients, have the windows update KB913836 for the date/time patch, and they are still reseting themselves an hour behind. I am stumped, anyone have any insight?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:08 PM

I ran into what may be a similar situation today.

If the XP Pro PCs are running Outlook, then you may need to install the DST update for Outlook, too.

I'm not sure why it corrected the problem for me, since the user doesn't use Outlook at all, but it did.

Worth a try.

Please let us know if it makes any difference for you, OK?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:13 PM

will do, wont have access until tomorrow, but I'll give it a shot

#4 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:46 PM

swamped today, didn't make it over to try that solution out, won't be able to until friday at the soonest, most likely next week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users