Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adware Faster Xp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 heran

heran

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:40 PM

message re adware faster xp comes up when I was trying to install photo album 6 photorecovery software my trend pcillin security suite asks me what to do Idelete and no installation Corel software support says not supposed to have adware faster xp on CD. Is it safe to download do I have an infection or would I get one if allow adware faster xp to install?

Moved from the "All Other Application" Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 18 April 2007 - 12:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:48 AM

I would definitely NOT install Adware Faster XP and if you are getting pop-ups asking you to install it then you are probably already infected.

See this link.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:55 AM

Adware Faster Xp is an infection
it is Adware base on the name itself
Just a precaution for all of you to watch out and be very very carefull when installing programs
Usually,I had already seen malware makers have their strategy on "naming" their programs
To convince users it is not malware
I'll show you how:
ex.Adware Faster Xp
Adware is obvious as shown earlier
Faster Xp makes you believe that if you install the program, it will make your computer faster
which is wrong
And also even naming programs closely related to anti-malware products
one of my best examples are:
Pest Trap&Pest Patrol
their strategies prove very efficient thus,increasing the amount of infected computers world wide
The victims are mostly non-malware experienced or newly users
but the user-interface and the effects differs greatly which is the turning point and for those who are experienced enough to compare if it is malware or non-malware can clearly see if it is or if it is not malware
but not all programs are adware by the name
So do not Judge the program just by its name but by its content
The Same as a book
Don't judge it by it's cover,but by its content :thumbsup:

Edited by Commander Gman, 17 April 2007 - 06:24 AM.

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users