Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

School Shooting In Virginia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#46 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:39 AM

If this turns into an antigun topic I will close it immediately. This topic should not be about anything but the sorrow caused by the tragedy that just took place.

There are other venues for talk about guns, restrictions, etc here at BC.

:thumbsup: This is the second warning on this Topic. I doubt there will be a third.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#47 Novitiate

Novitiate

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:26 AM

I won't mention the "G" word again but I remember a story I read once about Papua New Guinea that I think is relevant to this tragedy. When the British and then the Australians started administering Western-style law in the early 20th century to the tribal people of eastern Niugini they had a lot of trouble. They just couldn't stop bloody massacres and the number of people killed in payback (vengeance) killings got higher and higher. A tribal chieftain bought to court for the killing of other tribal men explained it this way, "Before we only had stone axes. We could only kill one person at a time. You gave us steel ones. Now we can kill a lot more people at one time with steel axes; therefore, it is your fault more than our fault". There will always be violence and evil, but it's the tools used by violent or evil people that determines how much damage they do, Marg

#48 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:31 AM