Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Torrent Downloads

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 st0nedsk8er

st0nedsk8er

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:33 PM

Everytime i try to download a torrent fire, no matter what site or what file i always get an error "problem connecting to tracker" or something about the limit being exceeded..anyone else having this problem??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mga

mga

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 15 January 2005 - 11:47 AM

your firewall is prob. blocking the torrent prog. check that and then get back to me.

#3 Notorious

Notorious

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 20 January 2005 - 01:46 PM

Everytime I tried to install torrent I got crash and had to repair Windows again.. :flowers:
I had it two times, and gave up.. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Down in the bayou, Bubba called an attorney and asked, "Is it true they're suin' the cigarette companies for causing people to get cancer?
"Sure is Bubba. But why you asking?"
"Cause what I want to know is, I was thinking, can I sue Budweiser for all them ugly women I've slept with?"

#4 Truth Loves You

Truth Loves You

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:42 PM

"problem connecting to tracker"

read this in it's entirety
http://dessent.net/btfaq/#ports

Then pick ports OTHER than those mentioned in the FAQ. Many trackers block clients who use default ports. Most BT clients use only one port. That's fine. Pick a number between 2049 and 64000. (That range is mostly arbitraty.)

There may be other factors involved in your case.

#5 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:41 PM

Also, just a small tip that wont fix your problem, but if you have bittorrent, uninstall it and get bit tornado, its faster, and it can go into your system tray

Also, Go got exeem.com it is a program that has the speed of torrent downloads, but the organization of KaZaa, right now it is not working, but they are going to come out with another version to fix the "problem connecting to node". Also, its better than kazaa, because you can right click on files, and press comments, to see weather if the file is a good, or if it is virus, you can also look at the vote ranking, you can vote the file, OK, or NOT OK. You can only add comments, or vote after you have downloaded it and are seeding. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users