Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cannot Print In Outlook 2000

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gooky_*

Guest_gooky_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:20 AM

Outlook 2000. Open any message in Outlook's folder (Inbox, Sent Items and etc). Can't print. Print Preview is also greyed out (HTML, Rich Text and Plain Text messages). However, I can do File -> Print or highligt one of the e-mails in Outlook's main window, and it will just print the list of e-mails, not the content of an individual e-mail.

Other apps (like Word, notepad, Excel and etc) print fine to the printer. The printer is a local printer attached on LPT1.

I've already ran detect and repair (equvalent of Repairing Office 2000). Re-installed the printer driver (Brother HL-5140), and rebooted the PC. Did office update too. Ran RegScrubXP. The OS is WinXP Pro.

Any other suggestion? Do I just uninstall/re-install Office 2000? Even if I do that, that may not fix the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_gooky_*

Guest_gooky_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:47 AM

I don't mean to be unprofessional, but where are all those guys who've emphasized that ALL COMPUTER PROBLEMS CAN BE SOLVED? This has to be done without re-imaging the HD given the circumstantial restriction.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:24 PM

Is this a stand-alone computer or is it in a network
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Guest_gooky_*

Guest_gooky_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:57 AM

This is in Network at a company. Outlook 2000 is installed in IMO (Internet Mail Only) mode. Outlook 2000 is not running on Exchange, but on a 3rd party e-mail server via POP3. Interestingly enough, the symptom has changed. It will print PLAIN TEXT and Rich Text e-mails, but it won't print HTML e-mails.

I already did Office Update and Windows update. I really think this is just ONE invalid registry value. OS is WinXP Pro. Any suggestions or thoughts?

#5 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:55 AM

Are you using a PCL or PS driver on the printer? PCL drivers sometimes caus issues with printing HTML.
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users