Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Simple Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 q28

q28

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:57 AM

i have a simple question because im su*k at painting, image stuff etc whatever! i just want to create my first and last logo for some website! here's the prob, i downloaded a image and want to put my name inside the image, but everytime im puttin a text, i can;t get rid of the plain white that surrounds my name! (hope you get what i mean) in other words i want to have my name inside the image without affecting the original image! how can i do that? tnx

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 16 April 2007 - 08:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:27 AM

You didn't say what software you're using but what you probably need to do is right click on the text box and select properties. In there somewhere there will be an option to set the background of the text box to transparent.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 q28

q28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:38 AM

i forgot, im using MS Paint, i tried that but there's no text properties..

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:49 AM

See this link.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 q28

q28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:07 AM

cool! tnx! anyway last question man,the original format of my image is JPEG but i have to convert it to GIF but after i converted the image, the resolution becomes poor (lot of boxes), how can i make get rid of the boxes thing? so it will become close to it's orignal quality? tnx

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:18 AM

Not exactly sure what you mean by "lot of boxes", but the loss of quality is inherent in using GIF files because of the 256 colour limit.

The format uses a palette of up to 256 distinct colors from the 24-bit RGB color space. It also supports animations and allows a separate palette of 256 colors for each frame. The color limitation makes the GIF format unsuitable for reproducing color photographs and other images with continuous color, but it is well-suited for more simple images such as graphics or logos with solid areas of color.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:45 AM

Honestly, at some point I would have Gotten the PaintShopPro Demo or GIMP and done this. Of course I always hated paint

Posted Image

#8 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:37 PM

cool! tnx! anyway last question man,the original format of my image is JPEG but i have to convert it to GIF but after i converted the image, the resolution becomes poor (lot of boxes), how can i make get rid of the boxes thing? so it will become close to it's orignal quality? tnx

You could try another program, like Irfanview to convert the image file from one format to another, too.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users