Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bb Code And Html Code?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bgorrah

bgorrah

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 04:48 AM

I Downloaded a cute little graphic & got a BB Code & a HTML Code with it.

Through trial & error I found out that to post it on a forum I have to use the BB Code.

I then tried both the BB Code & the HTML Code to post it on an e-mail but no luck.

Where exactly am I supposed to use the HTML Code if not on an e-mail?

Here is the little image I am trying to post on my e-mail...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:43 PM

You would use the HTML code, to add the image to a web page, or to use it on a board that supports HTML
There are other message boards that support HTML, but Bleeping Computer doesn't.

To add it to your E-mail, save the image to your harddrive.
Open your E-mail client, and use the "Insert" dialog, to insert the image into the body of the E-mail.

Edited by tg1911, 16 April 2007 - 02:44 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:56 PM

Hey tg1911 -

While you are correct - the technique you mention works to get images into email - in this case it may not work.

Why?

the www.smileytime.com folks appear to require that you link to their website for these "time smilies".

According to the email software being used, bgorrah could put the link in the email and as long as the recipient is loading images from the Internet, it may work.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:41 PM

Correct, JohnWho.
I didn't realize it was a dynamic image.
My bad. :thumbsup: :flowers:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#5 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:50 PM

Correct, JohnWho.
I didn't realize it was a dynamic image.
My bad. :thumbsup: :flowers:

No problem.

I had to right click and choose "properties" on bgorrah's image to figure out why she was having the difficulty, 'cause it seemed to me that it should work easily the way you were implying, too.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#6 bgorrah

bgorrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:48 AM

You would use the HTML code, to add the image to a web page, or to use it on a board that supports HTML
There are other message boards that support HTML, but Bleeping Computer doesn't.

To add it to your E-mail, save the image to your harddrive.
Open your E-mail client, and use the "Insert" dialog, to insert the image into the body of the E-mail.

[b]I tried to save HTML Code to my hard drive but when I right clicked on it the only choice listed was "Select All." Copy, Save Picture As & Save Background were listed but they were greyed out.
Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:08 AM

That's because of what JohnWho alluded to, in post #3.
It's a dynamic image, meaning it needs to be in contact with the site of origin, so it can be constantly updated.
If you were able to save the image to your harddrive, the time would remain the same, as when it was saved.
It would just be a plain image, no longer dynamic, because the link to the site was severed (changed from HTML to .jpeg, .gif, etc.), so it would be unable to receive updates from the site.

#8 bgorrah

bgorrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:52 PM

tq1911.....thank you for explaining what a dynamic image is. I had never heard that term before. I guess I'll just have to be satisfied using the little image on forums using the BB Code.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users