Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opera/word "bug" Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 davincis2

davincis2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:45 AM

Recently my desktop computer (Windows XP, SP2) using Opera 9.20 opens Microsoft Word when certain links are clicked (bleedcubbieblue.com, and crawlyscubs.com). I understand that this is NOT linked to the "Cubs curse", and I do not experience this problem using the same links/sites and Opera 9.20 with my Dell laptop.

Any clues where to begin diagnostics?

I have already uninstalled Opera, and reinstalled with no change. Two reports to Opera have been unanswered after three weeks. Virus checks, scans for other problems have also failed to uncover why this occurs. This problem does not occur using Mozilla Firefox (2.0), or my SBC/Yahoo DSL browser.

Moderator Edit: To close, open BBCode tags. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 16 April 2007 - 07:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:38 AM

Did you set Opera as your default browser? Please try the following :

START RUN and type regsvr32 urlmon.dll . This should reset the settings between a hyperlink and your default browser

Did you set Opera as your default browser? Please try the following :

START RUN and type regsvr32 urlmon.dll . This should reset the settings between a hyperlink and your default browser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users