Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Doubleclick And Fastclick Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Arigause

Arigause

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:57 PM

Hi, I'm new to this site, and don't know a whole lot about the technical side of computers (my machine is here mostly for gaming and keeping in contact with family) However, recently I came across a problem called doubleclick, where my computer will about 80% of the time double click rather than making just a single click, for games this is annoying, as well as when trying to surf the net. I saw that there was another topic about it on this page, but when I went do follow the instructions for it, the files requested were not there. I have attempted removing this problem with first Spybot, which would locate the problem, then claim to clean it, only to have it show up the next time I tried to click my mouse.

Another scan of Spybot would say it was clean for about an hour or so, then scanning at that time, the program shows up again (I suffer from its effects the entire time.) I've attempted to use AVG, Kaspersky (which worked before I ended up downloading some huge virus and had to reformat my entire PC, then when I happened upon it again, Kaspersky won't find it anymore)

I've also tried PC-cillin, and a few other spyware removers, and NONE of them can find this problem. As I saw from the poster that had this same bug, I went and downloaded Hijackthis, and ran a log for it, but again, only to find out that the files the previous person had, were not on my list... So, if someone could possibly help me eliminate this pesky bug, I'd be most appriciative... Here is my copy of the Hijackthis log, if I need any more information, please let me know. Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:40:34 PM, on 4/15/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "\Steam.exe" -silent
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AdobeCollabSync.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1174807035828
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1174807598078
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:56 AM

Hi,

I guess you are confusing things here..

Doubleclick and Fastclick are cookies being flagged by your scanners. You get these cookies at a lot of sites. Don't really worry about them, everyone has them. This all depends what sites you visit.
This has NOTHING to do with the fact that, when you click with your mouse that it clicks twice instead.
This is mainly a "mouse" issue - too sensitive.
Try another mouse and see if that solves the problem.

By the way, I notice that you do not seem to be running Antivirus software and a Firewall. This is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world.
That's why I want you to install them first!!

Avira, AVG OR Active Virus Shield (uncheck the Security Toolbar during install) are good FREE antivirus.
Never install more than one antivirusscanner or firewall on your system! Several together can give problems and decrease the reliability of it seriously!
Comodo OR Kerio are FREE firewalls.

Understanding and using firewalls
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 Arigause

Arigause
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:19 PM

Well, that did seem to fix it, hrm... guess that explains why nothing could find it, LOL. Many thanks, you have no idea how annoying that was...

Edited by Arigause, 16 April 2007 - 12:27 PM.

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:40 PM

As I said previously, doubleclick and fastclick which Spybot or another scanner is finding are cookies. They don't have anything to do with with your mouse.
I am pretty sure it is your mouse though - sometimes it works ok again and other times it doubleclicks when you singleclick.

You said you tried other mouses, so not sure how different the other mouses are with the one you are using now? For example, if they are all wireless, all usb etc - you need to test the different ones.
For example, some Logitech USB mouses and Intellimouse 3.0 have this problem as well.
If it's a usb mouse, try another USB port.
If you are using an wireless mouse, your batterys might be dying.

Anyway, the mouse itself (or hardware installed with it) causing this is the only explanation I have for this problem. I really cannot see any other cause - but it certainly doesn't have anything to do with the fastclick/doubleclick cookies. This is totally unrelated. If it was, then everyone should have this problem since everyone has these cookies present.

What I suggest here is, please post your issue in the hardware part of this forum since this isn't a malware related issue.

Edit.. LOL! I see you edited your previous post - so I guess you didn't really try another mouse previously? :thumbsup:

Edited by miekiemoes, 16 April 2007 - 12:42 PM.

AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 Arigause

Arigause
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:06 PM

I had, and was having the same problem, I think it was the port itself, I changed mice and ports, and it's running fine now, *shrug* I have NO idea... it completely boggles my mind. When I had ran Kaspersky the first time, I didn't have the problem all the way up til I had to reformat, and now it works perfectly fine... *shrug* Either way, I'm gonna get rid of the mouse, and not use that port for my mouse anymore. Again, thanks, I feel dumb, but when those cookies started showing up in spybot, it was at the same time the problem came up. I donno, as I stated origionally, my machine is here for me to game mostly... I don't know anything past that.

#6 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:09 AM

Anyway, good you figured it out as well now. :thumbsup:

#7 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:32 AM

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users