Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Loading Some Websites Like Www.download.com

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 magogami

magogami

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:42 PM

I have a problem loading some websites. A big example is with www.download.com. When I search or try to download things, I get redirected to another site. If I search ANYTHING like avg, spyware, or even something random like flowers, I get sent to this site that won’t load and the initial part of the url is "dw.com.com". For example when I searched flowers on www.download.com, I got redirected to hXXp: //dw.com.com/redir?usraction=37&oId=2001-20_4-0&siteId=4&dest]http://dw.com.com/redir?usraction=37&o...teId=4&dest
Url=http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html%3Ftg%3Ddl-20%26qt%3Dflowers%26tag%3Dsrch and the browser says the page cannot be displayed. This happens in IE, firefox, and opera. Any ideas why it is redirecting to dw.com.com and not loading? Could it be spyware or a virus? I run spyware removers, zone alarm firewall, and I have AVG free edition so I don’t know what to think about this. Any ideas? Also, if I search in yahoo "avg free edition download.com" I get to the download page of it on www.download.com that time as if I had searched on www.download.com itself, but then when I click "Download now" the redirection happens again. Some other websites don’t work either. I tried going to www.paretologic.com on my computer and it did not work, while other websites were working, and then I tried the same website on another computer in my house and it worked. I am new to this website so I hope I didn’t do anything wrong. Thanks for your help in advance! And sorry if my explanation is confusing.

My HJT log can be found here if needed: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88836/hjt-log-have-problems-loading-some-sites-like-wwwdownloadcom/

EDIT- Also, I don't know if this is important but on the www.download.com website, there is a box where an ad is supposed to appear, and in that one box my web browser says that that page cannot load, while the rest of the page can. This may be related but I'm not sure so I just wanted to mention it.

Moderator Edit: Altered URL's to not be clickable so as to lessen the possiblity of members clicking malicous sites. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 15 April 2007 - 10:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:48 PM

Since you have an open HJT log, I will close this thread till you have been cleared by the HJT Tech. Pursuing dual avenues of assistance will render your HJT log useless. Once you have been cleared by the HJT team if you still have issues you may PM any staff member to re-open this thread. Good Luck with your log.

Animal, Forum Moderator

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users