Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hopeful And Happy Greetings From A New Member

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CrisGer

CrisGer

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

Hello All,

I was directed to this forum by a fellow computer user and researcher, I am a 2D and 3D artist and game researcher and designer, and am as a result slowly having to learn the innards as well as the outards of the IT age, and computers.

I am still learning a lot, and trying to improve my skills, and recently as of yesterday, encountered some challenges that led me to take some steps to learn more about protecting my system and also about how to deal with some of the risks etc.

So i am here, hopeful and willing, and also i hope to contribute and particiapte here, from the looks of the topics this is a very nice community and I want to thank the creators and members for this great place.

Thanks and thanks for giving me some hope and a light in times of challenge. :thumbsup:

Edited by CrisGer, 15 April 2007 - 08:58 PM.

Game Researcher and Designer
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com//
Admin
3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for joining and welcome CrisGer
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:50 PM

Hello, CrisGer.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:22 AM

Alas! Instead of using computers to do things, one has to spend time and effort keeping it secure. There are several good articles in the Tutorial Section (tabbed at the top of page) covering both beginning and more advanced subjects and concepts.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:20 AM

Hi CrisGer

A very warm :thumbsup: to BleepingComputer.

Your blogspot is truly impressive. Well done.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#6 CrisGer

CrisGer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 01:45 PM

Thanks all, much appreciate the warm welcome and I do hope to study the tutorials, i will be posting today for the first time as I have been very busy closing out my deparment, i am Marketing and Sales Manager of a large hotel, well a mid sized hotel. anyway, very busy there and also tried hard to get my computer fixed on my own, before asking here. The fixer i took it to was able to clean out some critical objects but something still is alive inside. more in the right thread, thanks again.
chris :thumbsup:
Game Researcher and Designer
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com//
Admin
3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users