Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Elbycheck Has Detected A Corrupt Filter Driver Pxhelp20!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 d1nonle

d1nonle

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:56 AM

Hoping someone can help -- I received this error on start up:

elbycheck has detected a corrupt filter driver pxhelp20!
This driver will prevent your CD-ROMs to work properly.
Remove corrupt driver from registry?

I have not said yes or no, just let the pop up where it is. But now my system does not recognize my E drive. It doesn't show up in device manager and I am lost when it comes to my bios to see if it is in there. I have restored my computer to the earliest checkpoint I could and the error is still there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled elaborate bytes software - no change.

Any ideas on how to get my drive back? There is power to the drive =-- green light comes on and it opens and closes but it does not read a disk and my computer does not show an e drive anymore. I am basically computer illiterate so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:46 PM

Go to the manufacturer of the drives website, and install the latest drivers for your CD-ROM.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:28 PM

It's up to you whether you want elbycheck or not:
Bleeping Computer
process library.com
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 d1nonle

d1nonle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:12 AM

Thanks, but no luck. I installed the new driver and still nothing. The computer doesn't even know a drive exists.

#5 Ayan_Rome

Ayan_Rome

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:21 AM

Hello. Did you solve this problem ? Because I did not. Thanks!

#6 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:48 PM

Try uninstalling the Secondary IDE controller in Device Manager. Reboot and let XP reinstall the driver.

Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager button

Click the plus sign to the left of IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Right-click on every instance of Secondary IDE controller and select Uninstall. Reboot and check to see if your optical drive now shows up in Explorer.

#7 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:53 PM

Here's another repair you can try:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users