Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:25 AM

i am getting a wireless router from my isp and was wondering in your opinions the best and cheapest way to make my desktop wireless.any good offers on dongles or whatever.i am in the uk!
cheers chris :thumbsup:

Edited by arny, 15 April 2007 - 03:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:11 AM

Hello,

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Peripherals/Network+Products/ its a good site with some good deals. if you have a spare PCI slot or a USB hole then you should have no problems.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:37 PM

If you want to open your computer (and have a spare pci slot), get a pci card, otherwise get usb. They're pretty much the same thing.

Posted Image

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:20 PM

Would suggest the Linksys PCI Card or USB with PowerBoost if the router is a G type. This is one of the few speedboosting products that work. (have the Laptop version)

USB Version
PCI Version

you pay a little more for them than other cards but the speed is worth it (at least to me)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users