Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internal Sata Cd And Dvd Rom Audio

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jefsamjen

jefsamjen

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:47 PM

I am building my first computer. I am wondering, do these drives need audio cables, or is that included in the SATA? They do not come with any, and the SATA and power cables were included with my motherboard.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:41 AM

Usually the sound coming from a Sata drive (Cdrom), are built into the cable that goes to the MOBO. You shouldnt have any problems.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 jefsamjen

jefsamjen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:11 PM

Thanks. I will continue on my quest! I am currently using a Compaq dinosaur from 1998, with a whopping 450Mhz of raw power!! I know, I know, you're awestruck. Can't wait to get my new machine going (2.4Ghz DDR SATA PCI16 blah blah blah). Taking my time and trying to get everything rihgt. I mean "right". Thanks again.

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:37 PM

Thats not a dinosaur. I just got done installing Windows 3.1 on a magnetronix 386 hz lol.

Gavin Seabrook

#5 jefsamjen

jefsamjen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:14 AM

Dude.

That's old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic