Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi... new meneber just saying "Hello"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Anubis

Anubis

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:54 PM

Hello everyone,

I am new and just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

I am Anubis, I live in NY, I am a self taught (and still learning) computer user.
I have to admit that everything I have learned about computers has come from forums like this one, and I have to add...Thank Heavens! for forums like these!
And mostly..Thank Heavens for the people who run them!!! There is definately a special place in Cyber-Heaven for these Saints!
I have to admit also that I am not much of a poster, mainly due to that fact that my knowledge is limited, but I am quiet by nature anyway...lol I do make sure that I stop in and give a hello and how ya doin' to keep in contact. I will have alot of questions though!!!!! LOL! Well, I guess thats it for now. I hope you all have a great evening! And thanks for the membership.

Anubis

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,522 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:41 PM

Good evening Anubis, :thumbsup:
Welcome to BC and thanks for your comments about boards like these.

It's nice to hear from someone with which I have something in common. I'm self-taught too and, also like you, still have much to learn. I like to think I learn something new every day. So ask away. That's what we're hear for. :flowers:

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:09 PM

:inlove: Hello there Anubis,
Welcome to BC. You're right. Forums like this are so good to get help at. People here are really nice. You could be my neighbor. I'm in NY too.
:trumpet: I hope to see you around. Take care :thumbsup:

:flowers:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 Anubis

Anubis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:36 PM

Hi Papa and Pandy,

Thanks for the welcoming. I think its great we all can learn together like this. I am here in Westchester...(lower Westchester) Its nice to meet you both. My problem is, I want to get some things done with this computer and I procrastinate..lol. I read up on whatever it is I am wanting to do and just when I work up the nerve to do it, I read somewhere else about problems that occur and then I chicken out..lol. I did manage to install a hard drive in another computer I have, and wow! you'd thought I'd conquered Mt. Everest!...lol. So. more or less I do alot of reading of just about anything computer. I'd like to get at least savvy enough to know what to do after you get the computer rebooted with the Start up disk. Well, Thanks again for the welcoming.
Have a great evening!

Anubis

#5 Ataryu

Ataryu

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:44 PM

Hola, welcome! I am self taught as well...and do a lot of reading and procrastinating. I think its great that we can all learn together as well :thumbsup: Speaking of reading upon things, howstuffworks.com is a great site...lol. I was reading up on how car engines worked today. Relevance=none...but oh well. Nice to meet you :flowers:

#6 Jaspossum

Jaspossum

JasMonkey-That Funky Monkey!

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:01 PM

:thumbsup: Welcome aboard Anubis!
JASPOSSUM

#7 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:44 AM

Welcome from one self-taught to another.

I know the feeling of accomplishment for minor upgrades such as a HD, as I felt the same why just installing my 1st 8MG RAM chip. Yeah, I said that right 8MG. Wow-that computer was working faster then, lol. I have been in computers for a while. Now a day does not go by that I do not help a neighbor or someone calls.

I guess they are a little impressed when they see mine in action: 3 webcams, 4 printers, dual monitor, 5.1 speakers, CD burner, DVD player, and cable internet all on an E-machine. 3 years ago, it couldn't be done...

Special hey goes to Japossum and Pandy. Havent seen you in a while, and Im glad you are still around.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#8 Jaspossum

Jaspossum

JasMonkey-That Funky Monkey!

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:29 PM

Hey Jason,

How ya been, miss talking to you. Cya around, soon I hope. :thumbsup:
JASPOSSUM

#9 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:33 PM

Hi Jason~ Nice to type to you again. Thanks for the special hello :flowers: :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users