Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Pictures In Adress Bar/tab Bar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:01 PM

yesterday i noticed a couple of changes to the above on my home page my adress nd tab bar have a kpersky symbol in front and when i come to bc there is ayoung guy asian or african in front of my adress bar and tab bar the young guy i actually rember seeing when iwas searching through the forums here yesterday but can't remeber were does anyone know why these things have suddenly appeared i had to run combo fix and purge my system restore yesterday and the problem seems to have occured after that thanks :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

It sounds like you may have a BHO on your computer.

1. Which browser are you using?
2. In your Task bar, have you opened up the TaskManager to see what it could be?

Download BHODemon from:
http://www.definitivesolutions.com

I've turned someone on to that program today, and he/she told me that it instantly found bad BHO's for sure.

Also, it would be good for you to run numerous scans of your computer, because it does sound like you're infected.

#3 mz30

mz30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:28 AM

thanks for the reply walkman as you cn see i made the post last night and got up this morning and there strangely gone ,do'nt think i am infected as had clean bill of health from hjt team the day before yesterday
and only been on here since .
the link you gave for bho demon says that it is on hiatus due to house fire .
thanks for taking the time to reply and i'll just see if it happens again,once again thank you :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users