Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphones Won't Work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dabink

dabink

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:44 PM

I'm running XP on a 5 month old HP Pavilion dv9009nr laptop.

I've been placing the laptop on a tilting laptop tray. The notebook has the headphone jack in the front and was interrefering with the bar on the laptoptray that prevents the laptop from falling off the tray when used at an angle.

Now, when I plug in a headset, the speakers are not cancelled out and there is no sound from the headphone.

HP wants me to ship it to them for service...How will I ever exist without it for 5-10 days?

I've kept it backed up and am expecting to ship it to them.

Is there any alternative?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:52 PM

Not sure about that for laptops.

Since they're going to take it in, do so. It also be a good idea to check to see if there is anything else wrong before shipping it out.

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:26 PM

no real other option unless you want to void your warrenty and solder a new connector on the motherboard (unwise, very unwise)

Posted Image

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:53 PM

When you get it back, I suggest you try an adapter like this to keep the strain off the board
Right angle plug
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users