Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zonealarm Pro 7.33

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyhibbert

jonnyhibbert

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:52 AM

My ZoneAlarm is currently blocking things from loading that i need to use and the problem is im not sure which option to turn down.
At the moment i cant watch youtube video's, download any file, i cant use Flash and there's a few other things i cant do without turning ZoneAlarm of first.
Any idea which option i would need to edit? Or if this is just the standard setting for ZL then is there another firewall that's as good?

Cheers

Edited by jgweed, 14 April 2007 - 06:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tekchallenged

tekchallenged

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:43 AM

Any idea which option i would need to edit?

I recently had a bit of a play to get youtube to work - it worked for me after enabling all cookies in Privacy (session, persistent & third party)
Feel free to assume that I won't know what you are talking about...

#3 jonnyhibbert

jonnyhibbert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:00 AM

Thankyou- Does this make my PC more susceptible to damaging cookies though?

#4 tekchallenged

tekchallenged

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:20 AM

Thankyou- Does this make my PC more susceptible to damaging cookies though?

(As far as I know- I'm not a computer-y person) cookies themselves aren't damaging. All they do is tell the websites you go to (and advertisers) that your computer has been there. You have to choose whether it bothers you enough not to use the site. (There might be more info about any risk associated with it on ZoneAlarm's site. )
Feel free to assume that I won't know what you are talking about...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users