Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Stop Getting E Mail Notification

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:04 PM

hey guys just checked e-mail and got 250 unread e-mail from b c even though i have no notification ticked
in e mail settings help please :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:15 PM

I think this should answer your question:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33015/how-to-unsubscribe-from-a-forum/

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 mz30

mz30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:36 AM

thanks for reply john :thumbsup:
but ive done that and still get them will try again though thanks :flowers:
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:26 AM

Same here, I have unsubscribed to all the "Forum Games "threads but still get notofications. It is no problem for me since I have made a rule in Outlook immy deleting those notifications..

#5 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:12 PM

Can both of you make a screen shot of the view subscribed topics and view subscribed forums pages. I have had numerous complaints about this but I cant seem to replicate it.

#6 mz30

mz30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:12 PM

:flowers:

Can both of you make a screen shot of the view subscribed topics and view subscribed forums pages. I have had numerous complaints about this but I cant seem to replicate it.

sorry about the delay in my reply but working out of town if you could tell me how to do a screen shot i would be glad to post it :thumbsup:
as i have got 50 e mails in 5 days
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:35 PM

sorry about the delay in my reply but working out of town if you could tell me how to do a screen shot i would be glad to post it :thumbsup:
as i have got 50 e mails in 5 days

How to take a desktop snapshot

How to insert an image within a post

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 mz30

mz30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:40 PM

thanks for quick reply animal but had already found your posted links and i could,nt do it my printer is down at the minute but can still get print preview but when i hit rint screen button mouse cursor flashes and hit other buttons that grinler stated nothing happens hope you can help me some more as these e-mails are a little annoying thank you :thumbsup: mike
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,867 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:54 PM

This action doesn't use a printer. What you do is capture an image and it shows as an icon on your desktop, and you click the icon to view the image. Print Preview is not used whatsoever. It is the print screen button on your keyboard. It is located various places on different keyboards so I can't tell you exactly where it is on yours.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#10 mz30

mz30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:59 PM

sorry animal if my last post was a bit vague i know wher the button is but when i press it nothing happens sorry to be a pain in the a** but i do want to resolve this roblem as according to grinlers post it is quite common thanks for your quick reply hope you can help more :thumbsup: mike

just remembered whe i got keyboard(multimedia)it sort of installed itself but i had a disc but everything else works maybe not the print key ?
thankyou again

Edited by mz30, 21 April 2007 - 07:04 PM.

god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,867 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:06 PM

Do you not see "new" icons on your desktop after pressing the "print screen" key?

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#12 mz30

mz30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:16 PM

no sorry none at all but i would like to thank you for taking the time to help me out and i do sort of know my way around a p.c it,s just these little things that i can't do that annoy me as i saidbefore any help you can give is very ,very much appreciated thanks animal sincerly :thumbsup: mike

sorry animal just read it back and it sounds a little bit rude no disrespect meant at all

Edited by mz30, 21 April 2007 - 07:18 PM.

god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#13 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,867 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:05 PM

No offense taken whatsoever. :thumbsup: However I'm sort of at a loss here, something seems to be amiss and I need to do some research. However, if anyone has a brilliant idea before I return please do not hesitate to assist.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#14 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:20 PM

I don't get an icon on my desktop either when I hit the print screen button. The shot, however, is on the clipboard. Open paint, adobe image ready or whatever image editing program you have, create a new document then copy and paste. Your image will then appear.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#15 mz30

mz30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:04 AM

i have opened paint but can,t get image there cn't find the clipboard that you are talking about though ,sorry
if am being a bit stupid tried the print screen thing still does'nt work
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users