Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HJTlog-chriscross

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 chriscross

chriscross

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:31 AM

We just got this computer running decently and before I could get my protection in place along came two more viruses. Pandasoftware online scanner didn't see them but avast did, I deleted them from the scanner. I have run this stystem thru spy-bot1.3 updated, adware-updated, a-squared and CRAP cleaner. would someone please be so kind as to check my HJT log ? I have no idea what SPOOL32.EXE is.
Thanks,
chriscross

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 10:22:47 AM, on 1/12/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHSERV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WBEM\WINMGMT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ATI2PLAB.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ATIPTAAB.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ATI2CWXX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP3\WINAMPA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHMAISV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM\AIM.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AWS\WEATHERBUG\WEATHER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\BRODERBUND\MAVIS BEACON TEACHES TYPING 15\MINIMAVIS.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYGATE\SPF\SMC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AMERICA ONLINE 7.0\WAOL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\MY DOCUMENTS\HJT.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by America Online
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~2\SDHELPER.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] c:\windows\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OEMCleanup] C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\OEMRESET.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPOLAB] ati2plab.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] Atiptaab.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ati2cwxx] Ati2cwxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiGart] c:\Ati\Gart\AtiGart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp3\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ashMaiSv] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\AVAST4\ashmaisv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\SYGATE\SPF\SMC.EXE -startgui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [avast!] C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SmcService] C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYGATE\SPF\SMC.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [a-squared] "C:\Program Files\a2\a2guard.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AWS\WEATHERBUG\WEATHER.EXE 1
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [AIM] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [a-squared] "C:\Program Files\a2\a2guard.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [Weather] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AWS\WEATHERBUG\WEATHER.EXE 1
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Startup: America Online 7.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 7.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://c:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM\AIM.EXE
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.exe (HKCU)
O12 - Plugin for .pdf: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\PLUGINS\nppdf32.dll
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedC...bin/AvSniff.cab

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:52 AM

Your log looks ok to me. Are you having any problems?

Process File: spool32 or spool32.exe
Process Name: Printer Spooler

Description:
spool32.exe isa part of the Microsoft Windows Operating System which deals with the spooling of Microsoft Windows print jobs. This process is only executed when this method is selected in the printers configuration properties. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

========================================================

#3 chriscross

chriscross
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2005 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for looking, I installed sygate, and it keeps telling me that parts of this computer are trying to access the Internet ? win32kernel, distributed com services, I don't allow them and everything seems to work. The firewall calls this a hijack application.
chriscross

#4 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:57 PM

It doesn't seem to be virus/spyware related.

http://www.sygate.com/support/technotes/ss...s/SPFFAQ011.htm
Posted Image If I have helped you in any way, please consider a donation to help me continue the fight against malware.

Failing to respond back to the person that is giving up their own time to help you not only is insensitive and disrespectful, but it guarantees that you will never receive help from me again. Please thank your helpers and there will always be help here when you need it!

#5 chriscross

chriscross
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:00 PM

Thanks for your help.

#6 Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 17,382 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:15 PM

Glad to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users