Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Irrational Mouse Pointer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nekoyasha

Nekoyasha

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:19 PM

Many times while I am on the computer my mouse pointer will freeze and not move. Sometimes the solution to this problem will be to unplug the mouse from the back of the computer and plug it back in and voila, the mouse pointer will move again. Yet, sometimes this does not work and I have to restart the computer. A problem I believe is related and what leads me to believe it isn't a hardware problem is that my mouse pointer will sometimes jerk about the screen when I try to move it, but will ultimately end up flying to the lower left part of the screen. Touching the mouse when it does this will result in the pointer flying about the screen aimlessly and for some odd reason the mouse will automatically click upon anything it touches which many times causes much of my windows to automatically close. The solution for this problem is not unplugging the mouse because even if I do this the mouse pointer in the lower left part of the screen will still be continuously clicking the Windows Start button. I have to wait patiently when this attack happens for it to finish before I can continue working on my computer. Can anyone help me with this problem?
I thank all who help me and beforehand I would like to say forgive me if I ask some stupid question. It happens to me a lot and I usually just need someone to say the obvious to me. Although I still live by my motto
"What I say is sealed in my words." or a variant of that. (I have it written down, trust me.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:22 PM

wht sort of mouse is it ?have you tried another mouse ? your mouse sounds faulty to me :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#3 Nekoyasha

Nekoyasha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

I have used another mouse before and the problem still consisted, although I did switch back to my original mouse later since it moved better. I have also tried cleaning the mouse. The mouse is a HP Pavilion LR95533 if that makes sense.
I thank all who help me and beforehand I would like to say forgive me if I ask some stupid question. It happens to me a lot and I usually just need someone to say the obvious to me. Although I still live by my motto
"What I say is sealed in my words." or a variant of that. (I have it written down, trust me.)

#4 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:30 PM

do you think you maybe infected with malware are there any other symptoms? if so start here :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

#5 Nekoyasha

Nekoyasha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try to buy a laser mouse before continuing to make sure it isn't a hardware problem. Your words have been helpful.

#6 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:54 PM

your welcome :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic