Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank Screen. No Self Test Post Beeps.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bakura82

bakura82

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:22 PM

Compaq Evo D51c (HP lists as D510 Minitower)
Windows 2000

I was doing some work with the machine over my network (it serves as my server of a sort). Windows hung in while RealVNC was in use (without my knowledge). I had to do a hard power down. After that, the PC will not boot. The power supply and processor fans turn on, but the nothing further happens. Black screen only and no self test POST beeps.

I believe this is a hardware issue and I can use any advice on where to start hunting down the problem.

I believe this is the correct model:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...ng=en&cc=us

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bakura82

bakura82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:12 AM

I have now cleaned the contacts of the RAM and also the socket to no avail. The first time after boot, it didn't give the error code, but after the memory check, colors just started flashing on the screen. After a rebooting, it went back to square one: black screen (monitor saying no valid input) and the computer hanging.

I am reseting the CMOS now and hopefully I can try a couple of other things... but this is where I am now.

The RAM is a 512 DDR PC-2100 with CL 2 I believe.

#3 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

SOunds like a video card issue. Is the video on-board or a separate card?
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users