Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drive Letter Changes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 inanna

inanna

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:10 AM

Hi I'm new here.
My problem is I have a Western Digital 120GB external My Book. We transferred all of our pictures, video, and music to it and things were fine until our CD drive failed took it in got it fixed and my husband(who knows nothing about computers) hooked the PC back up.
Now the problem every once in awhile when my PC restarts (usually due to a download from microsoft) when it restarts the drive letter of my external drive is changed to E: but my itunes, my pictures, my music all want to read it from the J: drive. I have gone to management to change the drive letter back to J: but this choice is not given (only drive letter that appears to be missing) I have ended up having to do a restore to fix it, but can't keep doing that each time how can I permenatly fix this so that my programs will read from the correct drive (the my book) and the drive letter will stop changing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:56 PM

Try this microsoft powertoy thing, there's a section under drives that lets you fool with drive letters and hide drives.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c...wertoySetup.exe

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users