Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is The Highest Speed You Have Reached In A P2p Program ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 unloaded

unloaded

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:03 AM

I was going to ask which p2p program provides the fastest download speed, but then I realized it's a very biase question, therefore I came up with this question: "what's the highest speed you have reached in a p2p program in a single download, and which p2p application was it?" I hope this can answer my question.

My record was about 170kb in limewire.

anyone got better than that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 twardnw

twardnw

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:53 AM

a few times I downloaded torrents via my webserver that was in a datacenter, had speeds upwards of 3mbps. *sigh* those were the good days. Now though, I probly see 300-400k

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:57 AM

what's the highest speed you have reached in a p2p program in a single download, and which p2p application was it?"

700-800kbs using BitTornado. Much depends on where you go though. Garbage sites like isohunt, piratebay, mininova, etc, are full of leachers that don't know the meaning of the word "seed" and ruin the whole thing.
The good locations are private, invitation only. Speeds are triple and downloads aren't virus infested crackware. Only ones I go to now. :thumbsup:

#4 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:45 PM

sorry forgot to mention, I am looking for p2p programs that are not entirely torrent clients, such as bitcomet, utorrent, etc. I know that torrent clients can acheive a high rate download of speed, but what are the choices apart from torrent downloading, such as limewire.

Because I can normally reach 1500-1800kb if there are alot of seeds in a single download, but I found that limewire cannot get near that in a "single download", which I was abit disappointed.

#5 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:08 PM

fastest on lime wire was 210 kbps my torrent downloads for some reason i only get about 120 -140 kbps

700-800kbs using BitTornado. Much depends on where you go though. Garbage sites like isohunt, piratebay, mininova, etc, are full of leachers that don't know the meaning of the word "seed" and ruin the whole thing.
The good locations are private, invitation only. Speeds are triple and downloads aren't virus infested crackware. Only ones I go to now.

how do you get invites hitsquad?
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users