Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving Pix..jpeg-vs-bit...yahoo-vs-yahoo Beta

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 1Bart

1Bart

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:53 AM

All pix arrive in JPeg format wether from Yahoo or Yahoo Beta(from different accounts & s/n's)....When saving to my computer, Yahoo Beta pix save in Bitmap while Regular Yahoo pix save in JPeg with no options in either case. This happens in either IE6 or FireFox.

They both save and can be read normally...so there is apparently no real issue. So why do pix come in as JPeg and save in Bitmap in the Beta world. I assume it is just Betas way of being a Beta.....or is it my computer????

WinXP-Home..Compaq Presario SR1720NX..Anyone else experiencing this issue...?

Thanks!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:58 AM

Are you using an E-mail client to download and save the attachments or are you saving these from the on-line inbox? If the latter, one would hope that this is simply a glitch in the Beta version.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 13 April 2007 - 06:22 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 1Bart

1Bart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:15 AM

Not sure what you mean by E-mail client. I AM retrieving them from my inbox.

For example...I would go to Yahoo.com and click on "Mail". Then sign-in with s/n and p/w and then go to my in-box. After opening the "letter" the pix appear without the need to download. Then right-click and select "save to computer" or "save picture as" window will open. At that point I can change to "file name" but not the "file type".....

The file name must be changed quite often as many many of the file names come in named "tn".. or "mail" .. or even some other "generic file name.......

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:42 AM

By "client" I was referring to Thunderbird or Outlook Express. Between my original post and this one, I did a very quick check on the Yahoo user forums, and did not find any complaint about this file type change with attached pictures. Perhaps someone using the Beta can further help you.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 1Bart

1Bart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:53 AM

Thanks John...

Yeah..I sniffed around a bit and found nothing either although someone in those "mails" did complain somewhat.....The sender strongly retorts that he sends Jpegs and only Jpegs......Next time I see the other inflicted party, I'll try to get in touch with him...Maybe even talk to the sender while I'm at it..If he doesn't bark too loudly.....LOL

#6 1Bart

1Bart
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:30 AM

Used their "SwitchBack" option to revert back to Regular YahooMail and the problem resolved itself.

Prior to the switch, Yahoo's customer service's ONLY response was that "Your account is functioning properly". Couldn't squeeze anything else out of them. Many Customer Satisfaction Surveys being received and am appropriately letting them know of the issue with no resolution and my "no-fix" solution.

Still keeping an eye out for the someone with the same issue......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users