Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Continuing Trouble With Spylocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Throckmorton

Throckmorton

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:06 PM

Hello everyone. It's my first post. My kids infected my pc while I had TrendMicro PCcillin Internet Security turned off (for offline gaming). Now I appear to have spylocked, because clicking on my new taskbar icon sends me to their site. I have followed the instructions using Smitfraudfix but it didn't get rid of it. Now I have done the "manual method", but I didn't find any of the "files-to-delete" BleepingComputer lists in it's helpfull post here Note that i originally had two new taskbar icons, and all my efforts have removed one of them, so that's progress of a sort, I guess.

So I Hijackthis'ed and here's the result. I'm just a nice 46 year old dentist who has now spent 3 hours on this. Does anyone have an idea what will help? THANKS THANKS

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:52:36 PM, on 4/12/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2006\pccguide.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 2006\pccguide.exe"
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=39204
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Incorporated. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:26 AM

Please download SUPERAntiSpyware Home Edition (free version)
  • Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
  • It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
  • Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
    • Close browsers before scanning
    • Scan for tracking cookies
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
    • Please leave the others unchecked.
    • Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
  • On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
  • On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
  • Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
  • It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
  • To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
    • After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
    • Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
    • Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
  • Click close and close again to exit the program.
  • Please paste that information here for me with a new HijackThis log.

Posted Image

Have I helped you? Please consider donating to help me continue with the fight against malware. Click here

#3 Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:45 AM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a Moderator. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Posted Image

Have I helped you? Please consider donating to help me continue with the fight against malware. Click here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users