Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Device Prob, I Think..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rebellion534

rebellion534

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:50 PM

hello everybody, and have a nice day to everyone..

first i think i have a problem in my sound device, i can't hear any sounds anymore, the speaker tray icon is gone(the one which adjust the volume, waves like that) and i also lose the hardware tray icon(the one which you can eject some devices like ipod and other). and i also lose the internet tray icon(the two monitors, right?)

then i tried to check my sound device/hardware in the controlpanel, there i found the sound and audio properties, the volume tab is unavailable it's like i can't click on it, it's like its been disabled, and the other tabs too are the same, disabled and couldn't click on it, the hardware tab there is no any devices on it,

then i check the device manager, there was no any device on it..

hope someone can help me in this problem..

thank you and have a very nice lovely day.. hahaha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dabomb

dabomb

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 18 April 2007 - 10:45 PM

I started a thread with a similar problem and never got a response...I do know that it could be virus related, not very likely but a good place to start and you may want to post a hijackthis log. that usually helps. :-)
"There is a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line daily."
-Red vs. Blue

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:45 AM

@ rebellion : Can you roll back to a restore point prior to that incident?

@ dabomb : Can you do the same? I missed your HJT log but you posted it in the wrong place. Start Here to follow propper instructions.

#4 rebellion534

rebellion534
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:43 AM

i think i lost the driver.. well yesterday i re-install the windows and did a destructive reformat which will delete all the files.. then after, it came back again.. everything is fine now.. :-) thank you fozzie and dabomb..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users