Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows Vista Capable Pc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 phoenix_124

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:01 PM

I was just wondering since I have a logo on my computer that says Vista Capable.
Will that mean my computer will run 2 times as fast as a Vista Capable PC?
It says Vista Capable PC on my computer but my system meets the minimum requirements of a Premium Ready PC.
My system is a:
Core Processor 3800+
2.00GHz, 960MB of RAM
250 GB Hard Drive
I found out this is the minimum of Premium Ready PC but I have a label that says Vista Capable which is half of the system requirments above. Does that mean my computer is X2 as fast.
Ginuine Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
AMD 64 X2 1GB RAM 2.00GHz

Please note that I will try my best to assist you in this regard...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,084 posts
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:04 PM

No, the differences are related to the capability of using Windows Vista features - not the speed.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users