Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 biggib

biggib

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:32 PM

heres a link for a program called pc wizard it's free it tells you everything about your computer, processors,chips,etc really cool!!

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3846.html :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 biggib

biggib
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:44 PM

heres another link for a program called belarc advisor it builds an inventory of your system notifies you of security leaks missing hot fixes etc small easy to use you got to see this it might learn you something real good :thumbsup:

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:50 PM

Hey biggib -

I think it's great that you are willing to share programs you've found, especially if they are free.

You might want to look h e r e first, though, to save you time in case you are duplicating something.

Just a suggestion.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:57 PM

The link JohnWho provided is also where you should post free program recommendations.
Be sure to read the requirements for posting suggestions:
Requirements
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 biggib

biggib
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

thanks for tip John Who?i will do so in the future

#6 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

thanks for tip John Who?i will do so in the future

No problem.

I went through the same thing - I knew of a bunch of free programs that I though would be helpful for the memebers here, but I discovered that they were already listed in that "Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps" section.

Apparently, they are so good, other people already found them, and more. Lots of good stuff there - :thumbsup: - thanks to the BC folks.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users