Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Help and Support

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alanbooter

alanbooter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:15 AM

As a new user of this group can anyone advise me how to recover the Help and Support in Windows XP. If I click on Help and Support in START all I get is a momentry flicker of the egg timer, then nothing. If I look for the Help and Support programme HelpCtr.Exe its there in RegEdit! Something must have disturbed the start process. Any advise would be most welcome.
Regards, Alan.R.(UK)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JackTheHaack

JackTheHaack

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 12 January 2005 - 03:17 PM

Hi Alan and :thumbsup: to BC.

Hmmm, this is strange. Have you deleted anything lately ?? Maybe in the registry ??

Run "system restore" and try going back to an earlier restore point. Just pick a date when you knew it was working.

Let us know the result.

Good luck.
JTH

#3 alanbooter

alanbooter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:03 AM

Hello Jack,
Thanks for the reply. I have tried the restore option back to several different points but have not been able to find a trouble free point.
As the PC is now becomming fairly full I will re-format the hard drive.
Thanks again for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users