Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Calling A Vb.net File From An Html Web Page

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KermitD

KermitD

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:27 PM

I have taken over the maintenance of a web site. I would like to create a part of the site for registered users only. I have written the Registration and Log-In in VB.Net, saving the registration data to a folder and validating Log-in data against it. It's not perfect, yet, but I think I can get all the bugs out.

The thing is, I have it working enough to test it out on the web page, but I don't know how to access it in HTML.
I'm not even sure it can be accessed in HTML. I see web pages which open what looks like Windows forms.

What do I need to tell you...? The web pages are created in Front Page. The server takes FP extensions.
I uploaded the .exe file into the same folder (on the web server) as the HTML pages are located. I created a sub-folder to save the registration data in the same folder.

The main questions are....How do I say "Run the .exe file"? Or is there a way?

Oh, I have set up an HTML page with the necessary textbox forms and the Submit and Reset buttons; and I type in user name, email address, password and click Submit, but I don't have any idea what the HTML does with the data. I need some help with either method, but I would really prefer to use VB if it can be done.
KermitD
Choices have consequences.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:35 AM

I don't use VB.Net, but programming is programming. Since web pages can be generated with vb.net, it stands to reason that must be able to get data from web pages, otherwise the language would be useless. I found some code here that may help:
http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/show/5706/

Is that enough to get you started, or do you need a thumbnail of how web pages interact with server pages, and vice-versa?

#3 KermitD

KermitD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:34 AM

Thank you Groovicus,

It looks like just what I have been looking for. I will see if I can make it work for me.
KermitD
Choices have consequences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users