Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drivers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nismo44

Nismo44

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:34 PM

I came up to a problem.
well, actually my friend did, but i thought i'd help him, since he's not so good with computers.
He just got a new computer few months ago.
And now he formatted his hard drive but now he can't find the cd's with the needed drivers.
He doesn't have sound, can't go to internet and stuff like that..
i managed to find the name of his graphics card and deliver the driver with my mobile phone to his pc by usb cable but other drivers which i found were not working.
Only things i know about his PC is that the motherboard is some kind of Asus M2N. nothing more
and his sound card is probably some Soundmax
oh and somewhere i found something about motherboard: Bios 0301

i was wondering if someone could help me somehow to find out the model of hardware without opening up the pc itself (since it has guarantee).

appreciate it!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

Okay, the BIOS 0301 is the BIOS version (mine is currently 0603, and they will differ from MoBo to MoBo). This does not really matter at this point.
You need to find out exactly what motherboard he is using [open the side of the case, and the name/number of the motherboard will actually be printed on it in white(usually)], then jump on the Net and download the motherboard (also called INF) drivers for him. You will need to install these before anything else, and they will get a majority of the components going.
As for sound, if he doesn't know too much, it is likely the sound is onboard sound, and should be available from the ASUS website also.
You can also download a EVEREST Home Edition for free. That will give him the info for the rest of the parts in his PC. He will then need to download (or you for him) the drivers for the relative parts from their respective manufacturers websites.
As for getting the internet back up, that is a whole other issue and would depend upon the type of modem/router in use, account info etc etc....

Let us know how you go... :thumbsup:

Sorry, didn't read that last part... If you can get EVEREST on the PC, that should give you that info....
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#3 Nismo44

Nismo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:51 PM

okay, thanks..
i'll try that one then..

i'll let you know as soon as i can ;)

#4 Nismo44

Nismo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:20 AM

well i started the programm in his PC
about motherboard, i found out the motherboard description:
Field Value
Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID 63-0301-000001-00101111-082106-MCP61$A0626000_BIOS DATE: 08/21/06 20:34:40 VER: 08.00.12
Motherboard Name Asus M2000N Series Notebook

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Product Information http://www.asus.com/products1.aspx?l1=3
BIOS Download http://support.asus.com/download/download....SLanguage=en-us

And i did a full hardware report also.
I don't understand sh*t from that..
and i can't get no better information than i had before about the motherboard and which drivers i have to download.

but about sound, nothing.
in Multimedia, it was all empty.

Edited by Nismo44, 15 April 2007 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users