Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Secondary Hard Drive In A Hp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:41 PM

right trying to install second sata hard drive.there is a second power connector but will not reach where hp have designated the second hard drive is to be installed!

the main problem with my w5151.uk is that it has a personal media drive bay in the front so my main hard drive is attatched to the casing of that and there is no space for another there.so hp have made four holes on the base of the case to mount another hard drive but the power cable will not reach.

is there any connectors out there i could get to lengthen the lead or am i stuck?

some one with some knowledge of these hps would be best!

cheers chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:01 PM

If it is just the power cable that will not connect, you can buy a 6" extension here. I understand that you already have a SATA power lead, and that it does not reach the drive. Thus, if you have a free Molex connector you can use this. I hope this is the type of solution you are looking for.

Cheers,
bg04
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

SATA cables are not mfg. specific. It'll fit an HP or whatever
SATA cables 4" to 40"
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:46 PM

yeah sorted it got what bg04 suggested.
cheers :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic