Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Pc Is Rebooting Itself

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mooniniteman

mooniniteman

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:35 PM

The title explains itself, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.

My computer will randomly reboot itself, i'll be playinga game orchecking e-mail, all the sudden *click* my PC just reboots. sometimes it will cycle rebotts 2-3 times. Yes, i can boot in safe mode. But i cant do anything (that I know of) in safe mode. I've alsotried running scnas for viruses but everytime it's almost done lol, reboot :flowers: . I've even called Microsoft tech, nothin. I've also trieda clean boot(where you turn off all services on startup with the msconfig feature) I' freakin stcuk. any help is appreciated thanks.
:trumpet: :inlove: :cool: :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:56 PM

Need more info to make an informed guess. It could be the power supply, it could be overheating. Have you had the cover off and made sure the fans are spinning and the fan/heatsinks are not packed with lint and dust?
that would be the first thing. Also, look in the event viewer and see if there are any errors
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:33 PM

Didn't even think of that, guess I'll pull out the old canned air and see what happens. but, how do i look at the event viewer

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:55 PM

Start / Run / type in: eventvwr.msc
Click OK.

Click on System, then Applications, and look for any yellow triangles containing exclamation marks (Warnings), or red circles containing white X's (Errors).
To view the problem, right-click it, and select Properties.

Edited by tg1911, 12 April 2007 - 05:56 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:30 PM

Ok, so i looked at the event viewer and see lots of errors and warnings, what kind of info should i look for?

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:41 PM

Cut and paste and post them here. Sometimes it's important to see the entire error
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#7 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:32 PM

Ok, this is the list (filtered for warnings and errors) this isnt even the whole list, i also dont know what any of it means :thumbsup: :flowers:

Error 4/12/2007 7:21:06 PM Service Control Manager None 7026 N/A HOME-EYCFM3DEOF

Error 4/12/2007 7:24:28 PM DCOM None 10005 Administrator HOME-EYCFM3DEOF

Warning 4/12/2007 4:29:38 PM Tcpip None 4226 N/A HOME-EYCFM3DEOF

Error 4/12/2007 9:15:49 PM Dhcp None 1002 N/A

No these arent all of them, if i put the whole list it would be a literal walla of text, but these are the different errors and warnings on the list. Any other info you'll need? Or do you have a diagnosis?

#8 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:10 AM

bump it :thumbsup:

#9 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:00 AM

Do you use a router?
Explanation on Service control manager
Another M$ article
A person on another board has the same problem. Here's the thread
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#10 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:18 PM

Yes i use a router. and thanks for the links :thumbsup:

However, i called up microsoft tech after doing some reading, and we THOUGHT we solved the problem , after we hung up and he declared cas closed of course =P. so i'm still getting random reboots. after getting a little frustrated i too a look in the event log, and im seeing this error recurring during the time of the random reboot. and advice on this?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 4/13/2007
Time: 11:11:40 PM
User: N/A

Description:
The FashionCam Video Camera Device service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Im hoping that this is the actual culprit and would appreciate in finding a solution

ty

#11 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:57 PM

bump it! :thumbsup:

#12 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:35 PM

Go to Control Panel>System>click on the Hardware tab then open Device Manager. Look in your USB devices and see if there are any problems. Do you leave your camera plugged in all the time? Try uninstalling the software for it , then reinstall it
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#13 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:51 PM

I'll try that but the thing is, I got rid of that camera and the software, or so I thought, so no I don't leave it plugged in.

P.S. could this even be the problem?

Edited by mooniniteman, 14 April 2007 - 07:51 PM.

#14 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:01 PM

"Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 4/13/2007
Time: 11:11:40 PM
User: N/A

Description:
The FashionCam Video Camera Device service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

Apparantly your computer still thinks you have it
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#15 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:51 PM

well, yea, how do i get rid of it? This is where im totally stuck :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users