Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avg Free 7.5

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 henki

henki

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:19 AM

hello everyone ,new kid on the block here ...

i downloaded avg free 7.5 no problem ,but i have done something to remove the kernal interface for avg,,it comes up with that error on every start,,it also says about file "C" and that the file does not exsist therefore the programme cannot run

i have checked my firewall settings and the anti virus seems to be running fine ,but i cannot access it to update and run checks ,,,,,

Any you folks out there that could help with this i would really appreciate it thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:23 AM

I would try uninstalling and the reinstalling AVG to see if this will fix your problem.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 henki

henki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:41 AM

thanks budapest ,but int wont allow me to uninstal because of same error message ,,,i.e the kernel interface cannot run because of missing "c" file ,,,thanks for trying

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:17 AM

In that case I would download the installation file again and try to install it "on top" of the original installation.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 evilmonkeyz

evilmonkeyz

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:41 PM

If that doesn't work, how long ago did this start happening? If it wasn't too long ago try a system restore.
If life gives you lemons you should make lemonade, then find a buddy that life gave him vodka and throw a party!!

#6 henki

henki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:33 PM

thanks but have tried system restore,

#7 henki

henki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:17 AM

thanks but have tried system restore,

thanks for all the ideas ,ive uninstalled the 7.5,,,its the 7.1 now ,,i believe thats no longer supported ,so i think im ok ,,,,thanks again to all who tried to help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users