Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wants Me To Activate... But I Already Did

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Geo Turtle

Geo Turtle

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:32 PM

EDIT: Fixed my previous problem, but I will state what happened & how I fixed it in case anyone searches for something similar. :trumpet:

Problem: I couldn't log into windows, the bluescreen was too fast to read the error. I could only boot safe mode or safe + network or safe + command, but I needed to activate windows in order to do anything... but activation requires going into Normal mode, which I couldn't do due to the blue screen error. Never ending cycle!

Solution: While in safe mode, I found a restore point that worked. I went back to it and was able to boot in normal mode. Because it wasn't detecting my internet connection while it was waiting for activation, I called up the Microsoft activation line and did it that way. It was pretty simple and kinda cool for voice recognition software actually. :flowers:

Anyway, now that that problem is solved... on to the next one... :thumbsup:

Edited by Geo Turtle, 12 April 2007 - 12:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 twardnw

twardnw

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:27 AM

the call usually only takes 5-10 minutes. they're pretty easy to deal with

#3 Geo Turtle

Geo Turtle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:28 AM

Oops I edited my post while you replied... you're right though, that wasn't nearly the hassle I imagined. :thumbsup:

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:57 AM

Thank you very much for the edit. Sharing your solution to the problem adds to the common stock of knowledge here at BC, and could help other Members with the same or similar problems.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users