Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Right-mouse Click Context Menu

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 connarch

connarch

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:59 PM

This is a totally new one to me... about a week ago, everytime I went to right-mouse click, the context menu would take a while to drop down. As of yesterday, it stopped working completely. There seems to be next to noting on this subject on the web so I came here to see if anyone has a possible solution.

The left mouse click work fine, no lag, the batteries are fully charged, the mouse works fine on another systems I have.

It is a MS Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth. I state this because a also have a Logitech Trackman Marble+ plugged in that does the job for me temporarily and the right mouse works fine on that one. So I suspect it could be a Bluetooth problem.

FYI, I also started having the Generic Host Server need to close and svchost.exe problems as well about a week ago. They are possibly all related to each other

Any ideas?

connarch

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

WARNING:
This is a registry edit.
Improper changes to the registry could render your computer inoperable.
Remember to backup the registry, before making any changes.
Instructions, on how to do that, can be found here:
How to back up, edit, and restore the registry

See if this helps:
kellys-korner
Enable Right Click Context Menu - #56, on the Right
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users