Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Software For System Security?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JSteele

JSteele

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:26 PM

Hello and thank you in advance for any feedback!!

I'm the system administrator for a small business (about 50 workstations and 3 servers) I just came into this position a few month ago. The problem I have is whoever setup the network before was an idiot. Everyone is logged into their systems as "Administrators", no one is installing updates, most if not all people have programs installed that shouldn't be (games etc).

I'm wondering if there is software out there that can help me not only lock my network down but also push out updates and such to the workstations, rather then me go to each computer myself.

I'm a fairly new system administrator so any feedback is appreciated!

Workstations are all running Win XP Pro
Servers are all running Windows Server 2003, one has Microsoft Exchange Server loaded

Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:50 AM

Just use the server, change user rights in the Active Directory, edit your group policy, and setup a little bit more security.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users